Speak Out has been kindly awarded funding to help support our new mothers with learning disabilities group from the Boshier-Hinton Foundation.
We are very grateful for this kind donation as this group offers a confidential, safe and supportive space for mothers to come together and share their experiences.
With a user-led, flexible and creative focus, the project:
- offers peer-support
- gives participants a voice
- helps reduce isolation and build confidence
- Improve their understanding of child protect proceedings and how to navigate these
- Build self-advocacy skills and confidence to express their views and participate in meetings with professionals and formal proceedings
- Learn about other sources of support and opportunities locally
- Feedback their experiences to social services and raise awareness in order to improve the experience of other learning disabled parents