A volunteer advocate gives long term support to someone who needs help to speak up for themselves
Citizen advocates have support their advocacy partners in many ways, including:
- Building the skills and confidence to speak up for themselves
- At care review meetings, making sure that they have a say about their care plan
- Helping them speak to staff and family about things that important to them
- Making sure they get the services they need including; education, employment and leisure opportunities
- Supporting them to take part in their community
- Building networks of support
Find out more
At present we are only able to support a small number of Citizen Advocacy partnerships.
Please contact Sarah Coombes for more information.
Email: [email protected]
Telephone 01273 421921