An issue advocate gives support to someone when they need help with a particular problem
These are some problems people have:
- They want to live somewhere else
- They do not feel safe
- They do not understand their rights
- They need help talking to professionals about health issues
- They need help to prepare for and speak up at care review meetings
- They need help with a benefit claim
An advocate will agree a plan for the advocacy so that everyone is clear what the advocacy is about and when it will end.
Find out more
If you want to find out more about advocacy.
phone us on 01273 421921
Or download a referral form here
Please email the form back to
Or post it to our offices at
Speak Out, Westwerks, 41-43 Portland Road, Hove, East Sussex, BN3 5DQ